Sawtry Walk To Run fully support England Athletic’s #runandtalk initiative which is supported by Mind, the mental health charity, and aims to improve mental health through running in England by:
- getting people talking about mental health, sharing their experiences and removing stigma
- providing support and guidance to raise awareness of mental health problems
- supporting people experiencing mental health problems to be physically active through running, whether that is to support them in starting, returning to or continuing to run.
We have appointed 3 Mental Health Champions whose role is:
- Support #runandtalk campaigns and register an organised run for each event
- Provide crisis contacts to their club/group
- Be a point of contact for anyone experiencing mental health problems to join the club/group
- Encourage and promote conversations about mental health
- Make links with mental health organisations in the community
- Actively promote mental wellbeing and running
Our Champions are Gemma, Jonathan and Alexandra (pictured above) and all have experience of a mental health problem, either personally or from a close relative or friend or through work. They all have an open and non-judgmental attitude and a positive, patient and supportive approach towards supporting people with mental health problems.
You can talk to any of them on one of the Club Nights or email them at email@example.com which is monitored by all three Champions. All discussions will be professional, confidential and non-discriminatory.